Sunday, September 14, 2008
Binky Fairy Update...
Well, Carly no longer likes the Binky Fairy! It took her about an hour to go to sleep last night. As soon as we went in her room she started asking for her "mimic". She kept saying "I don't want the Binky Fairy to have my Binkies!" & "I don't want my puppies!" She cried and talked about her "mimic" and got out of bed twice to come "tell mom a secret". One time we heard her saying something like "when the Binky Fairy comes back I get my "mimics" back". (We were listening to her with the baby monitor.) I felt so bad you should have seen her face. She was so sad. For two and a half years she has always gone to sleep with her "mimic" and now it's just gone. She dosen't know how to go to sleep without it. Colin was concerned for her. He called me into his room and said "I think I know why she is sad. I don't think she really wanted to give her binkies to the Binky Fairy." I told him that she might have a hard time for a couple of nights but that she will get used to being without her binky. It's sad for us, too. She is getting to be such a big girl-she's not a baby anymore. I know that it will get easier for her. Hopefully today will be better. She just told me: "Mom I tell the binky fairy that I want my binkies back when the babies done with them." Thats the first thing she said about it this morning. She is so cute!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Your blog looks great. The Binky Fairy is a great idea. I hope she adjusts well. It was fun getting to visit with you guys at the game. We really should do it more often.
For Gracie...she couldn't say much about it when we took her binkies away b/c she was only 15 months but she did great the first 3 nights and then had a hard time for the next week after that for naps and bedtime. I finally had to switch her to just one nap a day b/c I couldn't take her fighting me anymore on sleeping, which is sad b/c it gives me less time to get things done. But anyhow I think it only took a little over a week to adjust her to no binkies...it will be really interesting when the baby comes though to see if she wants them back then. Hopefully I took them away early enough that she will not have a problem.
haha, aw...how sad. I love the binky fairy idea, how funny. I hope she does better falling asleep in the night ahead. Good luck!
That's a cute story. What a clever way to get rid of the binkies!
Post a Comment